Michelle Johnson 702-385-3482
PR Plus – Jeff Kline 702-696-1999
|E-mail:||Artists Helping Artists, Inc.|
Sony Recording Artist Michael Grimm set to star in
The Jeff Jordan All-Star Benefit
Sunday, July 31st, 4pm, Ovation Show Room at Green Valley Ranch
$20 tickets available at http://www.stationcasinos.com, at all Station Casinos’ Rewards Centers, or at the door.
For Immediate Release: Local musician Jeff Jordan is in dire need of financial help. Coming to his emotional/financial rescue, will be a plethora of Vegas talent, including America’s Got Talent winner and Sony recording artist Michael Grimm.
A prolific saxophone player and budding film composer, Mr. Jordan was hospitalized for an aortic aneurism and other medical complications several weeks ago and is now facing a long road to recovery. Like so many musicians and self-employed people across the Las Vegas Valley, Mr. Jordan has no health insurance, and is facing a medical and financial crisis.
In direct response to this growing dilemma within the Las Vegas arts community, Mr. Grimm and several other headliners have gotten involved, both to raise funds for Jeff’s medical expenses and to bring awareness to this issue at large. In addition to Mr. Grimm, the benefit will star emcee and local entertainment favorite Zowie Bowie along with the following headliners:
- Mark Cohen – Star of TV’s “Make Me Laugh” on Comedy Central and “The Sarah Silverman Program”
- Broadway and television star Leigh Zimmerman, who recently starred in “Chicago” on Broadway
- Headliner Domenick Allen, former lead singer of Foreigner
- Sean & John – Twin Tapping sensations from “America’s Got Talent” and recording artist Beyonce’s world tour
- Broadway star and local favorite Reva Rice, (“Starlight Express,” “Chicago”) who is currently appearing in “Vegas the Show”
- The cast of “The Rat Pack is Back”, now playing at the Rio Hotel
- Vegas’ “First Lady of Jazz” Michelle Johnson, star of “Nunsense,” House of Blues Gospel Brunch, and various jazz venues
- Emmy Nominated band leader and perennial local favorite Lon Bronson leading a 17 piece big band
Dave Perrico Group featuring Marley Taylor” has just been added to the Jeff Jordan All-Star Benefit lineup
Station Casinos has graciously offered the beautiful Ovation Room as a venue for the two-hour concert. Tickets are $20, and may be purchased online at http://www.stationcasinos.com, or in person at any Stations Rewards Center. Doors are at 3 PM. A PayPal account has also set up to receive donations to the Jeff Jordan Fund.
ABOUT MICHAEL GRIMM: With his soulful voice and earthy Southern charm, Mississippi-bred Michael Grimm charmed millions of viewers as a contestant on Season Five of NBC’s America’s Got Talent, parlaying his substantial singer-songwriter appeal into a first-place finish, a one-million-dollar prize, and the headline spot on the first-ever national “America’s Got Talent Tour,” which visited major cities throughout the U.S. in the fall of 2010. The Ovation Room inside Green Valley Ranch was once “home” to Mr. Grimm, and he is happy to return to help a fellow musician.
EVENT CO-PRODUCERS: Darlene Ryan, Michelle Johnson, Lon Bronson, and Adam Hoffman.